Midlands Morning Run

>> Monday, May 3, 2010

We were supposed to register for the Greenfield City Sunset Run last weekend but because of our on and off again weekend plans with family we could not decide whether we would be in town or in the area on that date.  After countless changes in plans (to my exasperation) they finally decided to push through and spend the weekend at Tagaytay Highlands but we were now too late to register for anything.  Drats!

Anyway, we did have a lovely time and got to stay in a beautiful house in Midlands which was so generously lent to us.  I was so excited to run around the village the next morning that I got up so early. Nice fresh air, no one out, and steep long uphill roads in front of me.  It would be foolish to say I wasn't daunted by those roads.  There is always a first time for everything and it is my belief that I just have to keep plodding along until I get it.  And so I ran uphill, walked downhill, run uphill and downhill, walked uphill...just pushing my body to do what it could do...and pushing my mind to tell myself I could go longer (that's always the hardest for me...the mental part, my legs can still do it but my mind is telling me to STOP, gotta get over that! argh!)  One day, one day...I shall conquer those hilly runs.  I promise.

The Road downhill from where we were staying, it's steeper than it looks
 A View of the Roads from the Balcony
Trying to look for some Trails to Run, haha, that's the frustrated 
old mountaineer in me that I'm trying to feed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP