>> Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Since my breakthrough run last April 5, I have gone on one power walk and four runs.  Nothing over 7 kms yet, but 5km is now easy for me to achieve.  Some runs were good, some were bad.  I still have the same struggles...getting out of bed so early is still torture but I have my partner to thank for pushing me...and of course those visions of a slimmer me lay shimmering in the distant horizon, like mirages that pop up and fade away, taunting me and beckoning me to just keep on running.

Lately, I have been having shoe issues that have left me panicking with the knowledge that I may not be able to run until I get a new one.  You see, my sorry pair of shoes are on the last vestiges of its life.  That's what happens to shoes when you don't use them for a long time and suddenly pound them to death with constant use after a year of inactivity.  Yeah, guilty.  Those shoes haven't seen activity for a year at least.  Until I picked them up and had go at running again.  At least they will go to rest knowing they have given me this second chance to claim my old self back.  I have to do them proud.

In the meantime, the search is on for the interim shoe.  There are so many to "drool" for running shoes and I have got a laundry list on my mind already but they are at the moment beyond my measly budget.  Gotta find that "in-between" shoe that will support my feet and yet be quite easy on the pocket, for now, until I can save up enough to purchase the running shoe I really want. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP