A Big Let Down....but still praying for a miracle!

>> Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This is what started all this running:


And I have been looking forward to this trip and being able to breathe in that fresh mountain air again, and of course bond with my batch mates - it has been a long time, and going by our thread in FB, things were definitely shaping up to be lots and lots of fun!  That's 2 days from this date.  Everything has been planned, pre-climb attended, assignments made, equipment borrowed.  The kids are not going to be home for a week and so the schedule is just perfect.  Everything except my swollen ankle!

Why oh why oh why oh why!!!!!!!! I felt I strained my ankle last Friday during a run.  So much so, that I just did some brisk walking on a Saturday.  Then silly me, ran again last Monday.  The ankle was feeling strained already but it was not in enough pain for me to stop running.  Managed 3km before stopping to walk because I could feel a twinge somewhere.  Ran again after a few minutes, just because the 3k did not feel enough and managed to finish the course.  But my ankle dearly paid the price.  Even after submerging it in a basin filled with iced water. 

Today my ankle is slightly swollen, enough to be obviously seen.  And walking is such a pain, especially when in my trekking shoes which I wore this morning.  I'm not kidding, it is painful with pain seeming to radiate upward.  I'm supposed to rest and elevate. 

This totally, totally, totally bums me out!  I want to climb Mt. Pulag with the group.  I wonder, if I think positive thoughts about it, will the swelling subside?  It will get better, it will get better, it will get better.  I will have no pain and inflammation tomorrow.  That will be my mantra for the rest of the day.

Keep you posted then.  I still have a day and a half.  No pain, no pain, no pain.......no swelling, no swelling....nice, happy right ankle and foot.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP