An Update

>> Saturday, May 22, 2010

Nope.  I did not make it to my reunion climb.  Long, sad, sad face :(

Especially when this is what I missed (Borrowed some photos of the climb from my co-mountaineer Juanch, fabulous photos I must say):


Sigh, how can you not feel sad at missing all this splendor?


But quite frankly, what I really missed out on was the chance to bond with the awesome people and friends below:

The group is planning another climb next January 2011.  I'm definitely signing up again!
--------------------------------------

It has officially been 2 weeks since I have stopped running due to this foot injury...constant icing and working with my leg elevated has been the order of my day.  It is very frustrating, not being able to run.  Especially since I have made large inroads in my training - the thought of having to start all over again makes my heart plummet.  But on the bright side, I'd rather be given the choice of being able to start all over, than never being able to run again.  Tomorrow marks the beginning of the 3rd week since my injury, I am sane enough to know that I should not be running yet.  Although the pain is now very minimal and I can flex my ankle without wincing, and walk for extended periods of time; I dare not try to run on it.  Tomorrow, I shall ease back into running it by doing short easy walks, testing the ankle and getting a feel of its response to the walking...thereafter, we shall see how it goes.

Hopefully by next month, I will have rehabilitated it enough to start running again.  Just the thought brings a smile to my face ☺.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP